Tuesday 9 April 2013

Strange requests for annual leave





Yesterday was Wrestlemania 29.  For those who don’t know, my brother runs one of the biggest wrestling promotions in Melbourne (yes it really exists here) and I help out on the side with marketing and promotions, even though I haven’t watched wrestling since Wrestlemania 8.  Yesterday I noticed a large number of the wrestlers in our promotion taking personal leave days from work to watch Wrestlemania live. Grown men and women with real jobs taking a day off work to watch fake fighting.








It got me thinking about he strangest requests for annual leave. The following comes to my mind;

  • During the 2010 World Cup I had a friend who took 4 weeks of leave so that he could stay up all night and not miss a single match
  • I personally took 4 hours (or a half day from 11-3) to play with my band at a school rock festival
  • A former work colleague took a half day to watch his AFL team train (not play) in the lead up to a big regular season match.
I am interested to know, what is the strangest request you have ever seen for annual leave?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Once reviewed, I hope to post this shortly.

Thanks - Tim